- Yuval Noah Harari
On facing the future as one humanity.
- How to Set Up a Mentoring Program (and Why)
The best companies have them and the best talent expects them. Here’s a guide to get started.
- How to Offer Effective Feedback
Constructive, yet delivered with compassion, feedback is what makes learning cultures thrive.
- “Work Will Never Love Us Back. Other People Will.”
We’ve been told that we should look for purpose, joy and fulfillment in our jobs. But that claim is a fraud, says labor journalist and author Sarah Jaffe.
- How Visionary Leaders Inspire
Cultivate these characteristics of inspirational leaders.
- “People Don’t Want to Be Merely Motivated – They Seek Inspiration.”
Trust is the lubricant of the new world of work, says Stephen M.R. Covey – but if you really want to bring […]
- “Meditation Trains Your Mind.”
Author, coach and long-time meditator Giovanni Dienstmann explains why the benefits of a daily meditation practice go beyond relaxation – and how mindful […]
- How to Raise Your Happiness “Set Point”
Techniques to put a smile on your face 🙂
- How to Heal from PTSD
Both people and organizations experience traumatic events. Here’s how to move past them.
- How to Run Effective Meetings
Stop treating meetings as a necessary evil.
- New Digital Tools Change the Way the World Tackles Poverty
Digital transformation is lifting people out of poverty and creating new markets.
- The Main Requirement of Hybrid Work
It takes a long time to build it up, yet it can be ruined in seconds: Trust is a delicate thing.
- Celeste Headlee
On the power of conversations to bring people together.
- Small Data: The Next Big Thing?
Data analytics leaders need to turn to new techniques to raise the levels of creativity and innovation within their organizations. Here is […]
- The Magic of Beginnings
How to start something new, and why you should do it every day.
- Ryan Holiday
On Stoicism as a Self-Help Strategy.
- Do Not Reply to That Nigerian Prince Who “Needs Your Help”
Hack-proof your life and safeguard your work with these simple cybersecurity habits.
- Christine Porath
On why being nice pays.
- getAbstract 3.0
Know better. Do better. In 15 minutes.
- Cautionary Tales from Companies That Squandered Their Market Lead
The future waits for no one.
- Discarding White and Blue Collars
What new dividing lines and shifts will shape the world of work in the future?
- The Power of a “Nudge”
The context of your choices may mean the difference between success or failure.
- All About AI – Part 5: AI for the Good
Optimists (count me in) believe that AI will do much good.
- Gary Vaynerchuk
On building businesses and living the life of your dreams.
- “If You’re Good at Coaching, You’ll Eventually Become Obsolete to the Person.”
Master Coach Marion Franklin on asking the right questions, waiting patiently for answers, and the number one problem with coaching-style leadership.
- Public Speaking for Maximum Impact
A roundup of advice from top speech and presentation coaches.
- Seth Godin
On dating your customer, “infecting” marketplaces and becoming a linchpin.
Homer’s Iliad Or: Foregoing Comfort for Adventure
- Amy Cuddy
On using your body to tame your brain and showing up as your best self.
- How to Measure the Success of Training
Everyone knows that the importance of introducing employees to new knowledge and skills through training is increasing in times of a talent […]
- Back to 2019?
The pros and cons of returning to the office.
- “It’s Not an Evolution, It’s a Revolution”
getAbstract founder Patrick Brigger takes a look at the next horizon line to see the role artificial intelligence will play in business.
- Clayton M. Christensen
Innovation, disruption and growth: What we know about them today, we learned from him.
- Twenty-Three Minutes
Interruptions derail your workday – 23 minutes at a time.
- Coaching for Emotional Intelligence
Does your technically proficient employee fall short on people skills? Coaching can help.
- Employee Retention: More Is Now More (Again)
The number of good reasons for massive salary increases for employees is growing by the day.
- How to Use Questions as a Coaching Tool
Nudge people toward finding their own answers.
- Guy Winch
On emotional first aid and sustained psychological health.
- Three Women Leaders of Labor
Mother Jones, Dolores Huerta and Ai-Jen Poo shaped the labor movement in different eras.
- Let the Sunshine In
Solar power is the workhorse renewable leading the transition to clean energy.
- Horrible News and How to Deal with It
Humankind cannot complain about a lack of bad news in recent years. Here you can learn how to deal with media-induced anxieties […]
- Tell Them a Story They Can’t Resist
Talk to your customers, your employees and yourself in the brain’s native language.
- Does Reality Exist?
Or is our perception just an illusion? In any case, with the rise of virtual or mixed realities, we need to rethink […]
- Emotional Leadership Versus Virtual Distance
A few tricks can work wonders when it comes to virtual leadership.
- The Future Is Hybrid
When it comes to office work arrangements, the genie is out of the bottle.
- How to Give Back
Embrace corporate social responsibility from the inside out.
- “This Process is Relentless and You Will Either Adapt or Die”
Robotic process automation repurposes older software technologies for exponential gains. Christopher Surdak, author of The Care and Feeding of Bots, offers a […]
- How to Sleep
Those who sleep better (and often, more) are healthier, in a better mood and perform better. Time for more accurate sleep leadership […]
- A Wake-Up Call for Change
Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle Or: Laying the facts bare is the first step to change.
- How to Prevent Digital Transformation Collapse
Start with FAST!
- “Mapped Perfection Is Often Not What Learners Want.”
How do you keep learners engaged in organizational training? Hadiya Nuriddin, author of StoryTraining, advises outstanding storytelling to become an attention magnet […]
- Digital Technologies Come of Age in Health Care
From gene therapy to AI-driven diagnosis to 3D printed tissue – the future of medicine has arrived.
- Roll off Your Couch, Roll Up Your Sleeves and Get Rolling
Albert Camus’s The Plague Or: Don’t Throw Up Your Hands, Roll Up Your Sleeves!
- How to Survive the Labor Shortage
Multigenerational teams will save your organization in the years to come – at least if you manage to get your older employees to stay with you instead of retire.
- “It’s So Easy Now to Start Something”
Entrepreneur Angelica Malin offers sage advice for women contemplating their first start-up.
- Make Me Rich!
Humans are poor investors – but will robots do any better?
- Focus on Black Leadership
Black History Month is a great opportunity to reflect upon the contributions and legacies of great Black leaders past and current.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
There are many stories and there are many feminisms.
- The 5 Biggest HR Trends in 2022
What you need to know to digitalize your processes, keep your workforce healthy, motivated and up-to-date.
- Resolve Conflict with Compassionate Communication
Conflict is bound to arise in the workplace. Here’s how to nip it in the bud or, better yet, channel it productively.
- Simon Sinek
On purpose, leadership and empathy.
- Carol Dweck
On the foundations of a growth mind-set, or, why we are “born to learn.”
- Daniel H. Pink
On the discrepancies between what science knows and what organizations do.
- Margaret Heffernan
Remembering the essential human during digital transformation.
- Angela Duckworth
On grit and how best to make long-lasting, positive behavioral changes.
- Susan Cain
On the hidden powers of introverts.
- Brené Brown
On vulnerability, psychological safety and other leadership skills.
- Kelly McGonigal
A new take on stress, willpower and movement.
- How to Write a Book
When you’re ready to tackle that dream project you’ve been putting off, start here.
- Sidestep New Year’s Resolutions – and Create Lasting Change
New Year’s resolutions, though well-intended, often don’t get you to where you want to go. Work with goals and habits instead.