- How To Use ChatGPT In the “Five Moments of Need”
This framework helps learners focus on the skill they need when they need it, as it applies to their own workflow.
- More Than a Feeling
Loneliness is an issue that’s too costly to ignore.
- “You Have to Deliver Learning with Minimal Friction.”
Nelson Sivalingam, author of Learning at Speed, outlines the new AI-powered and adaptive L&D world, where learning professionals evolve from course creators … Read more
- “The Technologies Are Not As Robust As Anybody Imagines”
Meredith Broussard, author of More Than a Glitch, probes the vulnerabilities within algorithmic systems, some benign, others deadly.
- The Amazing Revival of Analog Computing
Not long ago, digital computers replaced their analog predecessors. The tide may soon turn again.
- “It’s All About Embedding These Practices Into Existing Routines”
When it comes to psychological safety, there is a gap between understanding and implementation. Yet putting it into practice is not as … Read more
- “Unlike Other Assets, Knowledge is Completely Reusable”
Productivity expert Tiago Forte shows you how to unleash the power of your second brain.
- 2. Trust: Whoever Gives It Receives It
Why a leap of faith is the initial spark for successful cooperation.
- “Feeling Stuck Is Something Many of Us Have Experienced”
But the answer is not quitting, writes Shana Lebowitz Gaynor in Don’t Call It Quits. She explains what anyone can do to … Read more
- “It’s Crucial to Identify and Prioritize the Human Interactions That Are Most Impactful.”
Author and Southern New Hampshire University President Paul LeBlanc wants institutions and organizations to refocus on who they are meant to serve: … Read more
- Become A Learning Content Curator
Here are the top 3 rules for learning content curation in organizational learning.
- How To Ditch Customer Service From Hell
Poor and inflexible customer service harms us. It also harms the companies that spend millions implementing this type of limbo.
- José Andrés
On rebuilding community after disaster.
- How to Put Knowledge into Action
Close the knowledge-action gap with these best practices.
- What You Need to Read. And Why.
- “Stop Expecting Success to Arrive and Make You Happy”
Author Minda Zetlin argues that self-care might just be the surprising habit you need for greater productivity.
- “Motivation Alone Doesn’t Automatically Lead To Successful Learning.”
Psychology professor Daniel Willingham shares research-based insights on maximizing learning outcomes for students and lifelong learners.
- How to Manage Your Time Using the Pomodoro Technique
Tame your murderous schedule before it kills you.
- “If It Sounds Like Sci-Fi, It Probably Is”
Linguistics professor Emily M. Bender separates fact from the hype surrounding Large Language Model AI.
- 1. Trust: Why?
If you can’t rely on anything, you get nothing done.
- My New Leadership Column
About Leadership Learnings, a new column from getAbstract CEO Thomas Bergen.
- In Defense of Slow
Savor the benefits of integrating “slow” into your life.
- Remove the Top 5 Engagement Blockers in Corporate Learning
In most cases, the problems are homemade.
- “Both Low Confidence and Excessive Confidence Hinder Coachability.”
Leadership development executive Kevin Wilde argues that learning how to accept feedback is more valuable than learning how to deliver it. Here … Read more
- Agile Through Employee Development
Companies increasingly realize they cannot avoid agility during disruption and change. In the process, they overlook their biggest lever: agile employee development.
- “You Have to Keep Making Small Bets and Learning Quickly”
In his upcoming book The Digital Transformation Roadmap, author and business strategy expert David Rogers illuminates a calm path forward for organizations … Read more
- Hybrid Teams: How to Avoid Two-Class Systems
Create a fair, connected and motivating working environment.
- Find What Makes You Human
A reflection on staying relevant in the age of ChatGPT.
- Voting Closed: Your Business Book of the Year!
In September 2023, getAbstract invited readers to vote for their favorite book longlisted in the main Business Impact category. Thank you for … Read more
- Book Award 2023: What Is Awarded – and Why?
All about the criteria of the getAbstract International Book Award, the jury and the selection process.
- Voting Closed: Your L&D Book of the Year
In September 2023, getAbstract invited readers to vote for their favorite L&D book longlisted in the Learning Impact category. Thank you for … Read more
- Business Impact 2023: The Shortlist
Here are the Nominees for getAbstract’s International Book Award 2023 in the “Business Impact” Category.
- Learning Impact 2023: The Shortlist
Here are the Nominees for getAbstract’s International Book Award 2023 in the “Learning Impact” Category.
- How Much Artificiality Can Artificial Intelligence Take?
Increasingly, AI systems are trained with artificial, synthetic information and data. This has cost advantages but causes accuracy problems – and could … Read more
- Bridging the Gap: Microlearning, Deep Learning and the Battle for Attention
Microlearning drives modern workplace learning, but at what cost?
- “Make Sure There Is A Customer”
Lorraine Marchand, author of The Innovation Mindset, talks about the must-have elements for successful product design.
- Use AI to Personalize and Gamify Your L&D Ecosystem
New technologies and strategies support just-in-time learning.
- Employee Financial Well-Being: Also a Leader’s Business
Spending time and resources on employee financial well-being is well worth the investment.
- How to Support and Train New Leaders for Success
The current talent shortage causes employees to be promoted faster and more often. But how do HR and L&D leaders get them … Read more
- How to Lead Others
The demands of leading a team have changed radically in recent years. Time to relearn the basics.
- How to Lead Yourself First
You can learn all sorts of leadership things – but if a trained leader doesn’t know how to lead themselves, all gathered … Read more
- How to Lead an Organization
When you know how to lead yourself and others, you are ready to learn how to run entire organizations. Here are the … Read more
- How to Reassure Your Team
In the face of unsettling technological change, ease the panic and show a way forward – with these eight action steps.
- “You’ll Be Surprised about the Cost Savings and the Motivation Boosts.”
John W. Boudreau, co-author of Work Without Jobs, explains how internal talent marketplaces work, how and when companies set them up – … Read more
- Supply Chain: What’s in Store?
As with most pandemic-related changes, supply chains won’t revert “back to normal.” Yet transformations in the sector are spurred less by post-pandemic … Read more
- Competence Leads to Confidence
Unleash Your Leadership Potential With Self-awareness and Continuous Learning
- “Demonstrating Empathy Is Half the Battle.”
People resist embracing new things for four fundamental reasons. David Schonthal, author of The Human Element, explains how to overcome change resistance … Read more
- How to Get Better Results from ChatGPT
To get the most useful answers from generative AI programs, ask more useful questions.
- Navigating the Mental Effects of AI-Driven Upskilling Demands
Addressing the challenges of cognitive overload and decision paralysis.
- “Our Brains Simply Aren’t Designed to Absorb Massive Portions of Complex Information in One Sitting.”
Jana Eicher, EdContent Lead at getAbstract, explains what microlearning is and isn’t – and how getAbstract decided to move into the microlearning … Read more
- Materials Science Plus Sustainability Equals Profits in a Circular Economy
Materials developed in the lab lower industry costs and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The GPT-4 Turmoil: Impacts on the Corporate Need for Talent
Welcome to the era of intelligent tools! Here’s why AI paves the way toward a new, skills-based economy and what organizations must … Read more
- You and Your Money
How do you feel about money and your financial decisions?
- “Hackers Are Always One Step Ahead”
Software engineer and security expert Massimo Scola outlines vital steps that minimize threats from AI-enhanced phishing scams.
- Lift Your Values
Lifting your impact on the world around you begins with a lifted mindset firmly grounded in your core values.
- “Psychological Safety Will Not Just Bubble up Because People Talk about It.”
Alex Osterwalder, one of the world’s most influential strategy and innovation experts, is convinced that leaders need help changing the concept of … Read more
- “Security Is a Process, and That Includes the Culture in a Company.”
Cybersecurity expert Mikko Hypponen, author of If It’s Smart, It’s Vulnerable, offers insights on how to navigate the wilds of the Internet.
- GPT4 & The Impact of Capturing Our Emotions
While Google Search is used to profile the user based on the topics of his interests, GPT4 can capture our emotions as … Read more
- Chatbot, Where Are You Headed?
GPT-4 and other large language models are changing our lives at a pace no one could have imagined. Where do we go … Read more
- “Opening Up Is a Practice, Not a One-Time Activity.”
Author and executive coach Alexsys Thompson explains how aligning your values and behavior will make you a more effective and resilient leader … Read more
- Syn-Bio Is the Ultimate Hack
Molecular and genetic manipulation of materials heralds a technology revolution that rivals AI
- There Is More to Light Than Meets the Eye
If you take light lightly, you will do so at your own peril.
- Rediscovering Women’s Place in History
Several histories highlight the unsung contributions of women to voting rights, the rise and fall of the ERA and the birth of … Read more
- The Quiet Power of Introverts
No discussion on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is complete without addressing one of the most defining personality differences: introversion and extroversion.
- “You Can’t Just Tack on DEI Work Like You Add an App to Your Phone.”
Journalist and author of Speaking Of Race, Celeste Headlee, talks about improving DEI by doing the work of having difficult conversations.
- Fifth Global L&D Knowledge Forum Wrap-Up
Didn’t have time to attend? We have the key take-aways summed up for you.
- Top 5 AI Reads for L&D
From the basics to specific applications, these books bring Learning Departments up to speed.
- “Being a Good Hacker Is as Much About Understanding People as It Is About Understanding Tech.”
Geoff White, the author of Crime Dot Com, explains how cyber attacks play out and how to prevent them.
- Building a More Equitable Future
Applying the lessons of history to chart the future of technology
- Most Downloaded 2022
Here are our customers’ favorites.