These expert sessions were recorded live during getAbstract's #getAI campaign. #getAI offered about 100 free resources from getAbstract's library, presented weekly as answers to key questions about artificial intelligence and the future of work. You can find the complete #getAI curriculum here, where resources will remain free through the end of 2023.
In these live, public sessions, we held open conversations with industry and technology experts, to dig deeper into the most pressing questions about the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Co-authors John Boudreau and Ravin Jesuthasan have written several books on the topics of artificial intelligence, automation, machine learning, robotics in the workplace. Their most recent is Work Without Jobs: How to Reboot Your Organization's Work Operating System.
In this session, we address the following questions:
- What will the next generation of work bring, for both individual contributors and leaders alike?
- How will jobs and teamwork evolve?
- What does ideal human-machine collaboration look like?
Join getAbstract's resident Learning Expert and Doctor of Neuroscience, Hendrik Dietrich, for a session about the evolution of learning–both human and machine. As large language models allow for increasingly sophisticated artificial intelligence, human intelligence has a unique opportunity to advance by leaps and bounds as well.
We address these questions, and more:
- What are the best tools for augmenting our education?
- What must we know about those tools to make sure we use them correctly?
- How will the learning process be optimized?
Alex Osterwalder is the creator of The Business Model Canvas and a renowned thought leader on the topics of business modeling and innovation. As we enter an era of increasingly intelligent tech products, expectations of customers will evolve. With promises of increased data access and clarity, new AI tools should help business leaders listen to their customers more closely.
We ask Alex these questions:
- What are the steps to innovation?
- How do we experiment quickly and efficiently?
- What are the wrong ways to encourage innovation, and how do we avoid them?
Marc Zao-Sanders is the founder of Filtered, a technology company that helps organizations maximize their L&D spend. Marc once pitted himself against his own company's AI, magpie, to assess the progress of the technology. He admits that he "lost" the contest, but learned some important things about AI in the process. Marc will be in conversation with Thomas Bergen, CEO of getAbstract.
We discuss the following:
- AI for personalized learning
- AI for personal productivity
- Privacy concerns that arise from AI-enabled tools
Steven Miller has spent the last two decades working in both academia and as an independent strategist, advising government and private entities throughout their digital transformations. He is the co-author of Working With AI: Real Stories of Human-machine Collaboration.
We discuss the following questions:
- What are some scientific frameworks for defining "intelligence?"
- How do we adapt to the tension caused by the quantum of technological change?
- What do we automate and augment using new dynamic technology?