In 2021, the getAbstract International Book Award will be presented to one English-language title and one German-language title. It will be accompanied online by a series of interviews and the winners will be revealed on November 18. For the first time, the prize is endowed with a total of 20,000 euros.
The five finalists in the English-language category are:
The Burnout FixMcGraw-Hill Education
Jury Comment: “A most important topic of our time, this book provides an in-depth analysis and guide to avoiding burnout and succeeding on individual and organizational levels.”
Corporate Crime and PunishmentBerrett-Koehler Publishers
Jury Comment: “A business book that reads more like a thriller, John C. Coffee, Jr. provides fascinating insights into the US legislative process that allows corruption and mismanagement among business leaders to go unpunished while corporations and employees are held accountable.”
Lead. Care. Win.Figure 1 Publishing
Jury Comment: “Applicable advice on how to lead that people want to follow. A well-structured guide on core leadership principles with concrete examples on how to act with clarity and decisiveness in times of constant change. A 360-degree leadership bible.”
Jury Comment: “An innovative approach to human judgment, recognizing and differentiating between noise and bias, and incorporating AI into predictive judgment.”
Return on AmbitionFast Company Press
Jury Comment: “A universally applicable, engaging analysis of different aspects of ambition, and a guide to harnessing their potential for positive returns on personal and professional goals.”
- The shortlist is the result of a cooperation between getAbstract and brand eins.
- From the shortlist, the jury will select the winning titles.
- The winners will be announced here on November 18, 2021. For the first time in the history of the award, prize money totaling 20,000 euros will be awarded.
- Learn more about the selection process, criteria and jury here.
- From October 15, 2021, readers can participate in the Readers’ Choice Award and select their favorite title from among this year’s nominees.
- Further information on the getAbstract International Book Award Readers’ Choice Award will follow shortly.