LUCERNE, Switzerland, September 5, 2023 – getAbstract, the world’s go-to platform for actionable knowledge and microlearning, announces today the longlist for its Business Impact and Learning Impact categories of the 2023 getAbstract International Book Award. The ‘Learning Impact’ category recognizes titles that offer significant insights for people leaders in the L&D space and the ‘Business Impact’ category recognizes titles that provide business leaders and entrepreneurs with actionable knowledge in areas like leadership, technology, career, and more.
“The two longlists bring together what our day-to-day work is all about,” says Danielle Goodrum, VP of Client Services at getAbstract and jury member of the 2023 getAbstract International Book Award.
On the one hand, we want to give business leaders and their teams exactly the knowledge they need to make better decisions, deepen their understanding of important issues, find inspiration for their own ideas, and further develop existing ideas. On the other, we support L&D leaders and their teams in their learning strategy and help them build a learning culture. We therefore highly recommend the nominated titles of the Business Impact and Learning Impact Longlists as the best and most relevant books of the last year.Danielle Goodrum, VP of Client Services at getAbstract
2023 International Book Award Longlist – “Business Impact” Category
- Beloved Economies Transforming How We Work by Jess Rimington and Joanna Cea, Jess Rimington, 2022
- Broken How Our Social Systems Are Failing Us and How We Can Fix Them by Paul LeBlanc, Matt Holt Books, 2022
- Chip War The Fight for the World’s Most Critical Technology by Chris Miller, Scribner, 2022
- The Digital Republic On Freedom and Democracy in the 21st Century by Jamie Susskind, Pegasus Books, 2022
- Don’t Call It Quits Turn the Job You Have into the Job You Love by Shana Lebowitz Gaynor, McGraw-Hill, 2022
- Leadership Two Words at a Time Simple Truths for Leading Complicated People by Bill Treasurer, Berrett-Koehler, 2022
- Living a Committed Life Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself by Lynne Twist, Berrett-Koehler, 2022
- More than a Glitch Confronting Race, Gender, and Ability Bias in Tech by Meredith Broussard, MIT Press, 2023
- No-Excuses Innovation Strategies for Small and Medium-Sized Mature Enterprises by Bruce Vojak and Walter Herbst, Stanford UP
- Viral Justice How We Grow the World We Want by Ruha Benjamin, Princeton UP, 2022
2023 International Book Award Longlist – “Learning Impact” Category
- Building a Second Brain A Proven Method to Organize Your Digital Life and Unlock Your Creative Potential by Tiago Forte, Profile Books, 2022
- Coachability The Leadership Superpower by Kevin Wilde, Kevin Wilde, 2022
- The College Devaluation Crisis Market Disruption, Diminishing ROI, and an Alternative Future of Learning by Jason Wingard, Stanford UP, 2022
- DEI Deconstructed Your No-Nonsense Guide to Doing the Work and Doing It Right by Lily Zheng, Berrett-Koehler, 2022
- Irresistible The Seven Secrets of the World’s Most Enduring, Employee-Focused Organizations by Josh Bersin, Ideapress, 2022
- Learning at Speed How to Upskill and Reskill Your Workforce at Pace to Drive Business Performance by Nelson Sivalingam, Kogan Page, 2022
- Outsmart Your Brain Why Learning Is Hard and How You Can Make It Easy by Daniel Willingham, Gallery Books, 2023
- The Power of Potential How a Nontraditional Workforce Can Lead You to Run Your Business Better by Thomas D' Eri, HarperCollins Leadership, 2023
- The Psychological Safety Playbook Lead More Powerfully by Being More Human by Minette Norman and Karolin Helbig, Karolin Helbig, 2023
- Quick Confidence Be Authentic, Boost Connections, and Make Bold Bets on Yourself by Selena Rezvani, Wiley, 2023
Since 2020, getAbstract has invited readers to vote for their favorite book longlisted in the main “Business Impact” category. This year, readers can also cast their vote for their favorite title of the “Learning Impact” longlist. The “Readers’ Choice” award goes to the work with the most votes in each category. Voting has commenced today and will be open until October 1, 2023.
The shortlists of all categories will be announced on October 2, 2023. The winners of the “Business Impact” category will be announced on October 19, 2023 on the occasion of Frankfurt Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany. The “Learning Impact” winners will be announced on October 25, 2023 at DevLearn in Las Vegas, US.
About the getAbstract International Book Award
The getAbstract International Book Award is among the world’s oldest, continuously presented non-fiction book awards. Since 2001, it has been awarded to authors whose work has significantly impacted contemporary social, political, and economic understanding. In alignment with our mission to provide actionable, business-relevant knowledge, the getAbstract International Book Award focuses on works that help people make better decisions in their personal and professional lives – as encapsulated in our slogan, “Know Better. Do Better.”
Please refer to our International Book Award website for summaries of all the longlisted works, select author interviews, and the Readers’ Choice voting.
The right insight at the right time can make all the difference. By providing easy access to summarized expert knowledge, getAbstract helps professionals worldwide find solutions to real-life challenges and use knowledge efficiently. We work with clients around the world, including more than one-third of the Fortune 500, to put knowledge into action. Know Better. Do Better.